Goji berry & cucumber black bean salsa
- 1 cup fresh goji berries, left whole or halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, small dice
- 1/4 tsp jalapeno, minced
- Sea salt to taste
Combine all ingredients and add salt to taste.
- 1/2 lb cod, skin removed
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine spices and salt.
- Coat cod with the spice mixture and olive oil.
- Let marinade for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- In a medium saute pan that can go into the oven, or cast iron pan, heat over medium high heat and add oil.
- When oil begins to shimmer and slightly smoke, add cod and sear for 2-4 minutes, until blackened.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes, until the fish can be gently flipped.
- Roast in oven for 6-8 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve with salsa.