Goji berries and coriander are a match made in heaven – perfect balance of sweetness and spice! And while this soup takes just 30 minutes to prepare, people will think you’ve spent hours making it. Serves 4.
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh or frozen goji berries
- 230g (1 cup) chopped tomatoes (1 small can)
- 450ml (3/4 pint) vegetable stock
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small chili, chopped finely
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, torn
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan and saute the onion and chili for a couple of minutes before adding the tomatoes, goji berries and cumin seeds. Stir for another few minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh coriander and blend the soup until smooth.
- Decorate with a few fresh coriander leaves, cumin seeds and black pepper. (Optional: swirl in a tsp of yogurt or cream)