Adorable coconut cream-filled melt-in-your-mouth raw chocolate truffles perfect for any celebratory occasion – even if you’re simply celebrating LIFE.
- 400 g shredded coconut
- 600 g water
- 200 g agave syrup (or preferred sweetener, like yacon syrup)
- 400 g coconut cream
- 200 g raw dark chocolate (80% cacao)
- 1 tbs lucuma powder
- 80 g coconut oil
- 60 g cacao powder
- 40 g agave syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- pistachio nuts, chopped
- fresh or frozen goji berries
- hulled hemp seeds
- chia seeds
- coconut chips
- Prepare the coconut cream in advance: throw all the cream ingredients into the high-speed blender jar and blend on high-speed for a couple of minutes or until perfectly smooth. Let it rest in the fridge for 4 hours before using.
- Finely chop the chocolate and gently melt it over a bain-marie. Add 400 g of coconut cream (you can store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 4-5 days) and lucuma to the melted chocolate and stir well. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature, then let it rest in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Shape the truffles by rolling them between your palms, then let them rest in the freezer for about 1-2 hours.
- Prepare the chocolate coating: gently melt coconut oil over a bain-marie, add cacao powder and agave syrup and stir well.
- Dip the truffles in the chocolate coating right after you have prepared it, allow the excess chocolate to drip off and eventually place the coated truffles onto a coating grid.
- To finish off, garnish the truffles as you please, then let them rest in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the truffles from the coating grid and store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days (but they won’t last so long).