- 1 litre (4 cups) chilled lemonade (freshly made, from concentrate, or commercially made)
- 250 ml (1 cup) goji berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Measure 1 cup fresh or frozen whole goji berries. If they are still frozen hard, run under water for a minute and they will thaw quickly. Put into a blender.
- Blend until completely puréed. If your blender is powerful, you may be able to blend the seeds as well to get the nutrition out of them.
- Scrape the sides of the blender, pour into a cup.
- At this point, you can pour the purée directly into the lemonade, without straining the pulp out. If you think it is too seedy, go ahead and strain it. If you want your lemonade to look clearer, without seeds, go ahead and pour goji purée, a little at a time, into a sieve.
- Use a spoon to press it through and to move the pulp aside so the juice can drip through, discard the seeds and pulp.
- You will now have about 60-70 ml of goji juice. Pour about 30-50 ml of the juice juice into 1 litre of lemonade. Taste and add more if desired.
Pour into your pitcher and serve up a mouth-watering glass of goji lemonade! Serve with ice at your next BBQ and enjoy! If you want to use homemade lemonade, follow this recipe first!
- 5 lemons
- 125 ml or ½ cup white sugar
- 125 ml. or ½ cup water
- 1.5 litres or 6 1/3 cups water for mixing
- Pour the sugar and ½ c. water in a sauce pan, heat to boiling and wait until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Use a citrus squeezer to press the juice out of the lemons.
- Mix the sugar syrup and the lemon juice together.
- Before serving, mix the concentrated lemon juice/sugar syrup with about 1.5 liters (6 1/3 C) of chilled water.