- 1 lb. linguine
- 1/2 lb. good quality bacon, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp shallot, sliced
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh goji berries
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan, grated fine
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs with parmesan, feta, salt and a generous amount of black pepper. Reserve.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Salt generously so that it tastes salty, and add pasta.
- Cook until al dente.
- Strain, reserving 1/2 cup of starchy pasta water, and reserve.
- While pasta is boiling, Render bacon in a large pan over medium high heat until crispy.
- Reduce heat to medium, pour off the bacon fat, and add olive oil.
- Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in kale until it begins to wilt, and add white wine. When the wine cooks off, add goji berries, sautéing for an additional 2-4 minutes until berries soften, and add pasta.
- Stir in pasta until well tossed and hot, and remove pan from heat.
- Working quickly so that the eggs do not scramble, stir egg and cheese mixture into pasta pan.
- Finish with parsley, and serve.
Browse by Tag