- 1 cup goji berries
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups vegetable stock or water, hot
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- Puree goji berries with 1 tbsp water until smooth.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and shallots.
- Sweat until shallots are translucent and fragrant.
- Add rice, and stir, until rice is beginning to toast.
- Add white wine.
- Stir, until wine is cooked off and absorbed by the rice.
- Add bay leaf, and begin adding hot vegetable stock 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly.
- As each cup of stock is absorbed by the rice, add another cup.
- Continue until rice is cooked through, creamy, and slightly al dente, about 30 minutes.
- To finish, add goji berry puree, lemon juice, parsley and Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
Browse by Tag