This recipe was created and originally posted by The Food Gays!
- 1/2 cup farro
- 1/3 cup red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup baby bocconcini cheese
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup peperoncino sliced (pickled hot peppers)
- 1/3 cup sweet drop peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh goji berries
- 1 cup baby tomatoes halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove minced
- flaky sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Prepare the farro according to package directions. Drain any excess water, then transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator 10-15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine red onion, baby bocconcini cheese, kalamata olives, sweet drop peppers, goji berries, tomatoes and lemon zest. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Make the dressing. In a small mason jar, combine lemon juice, dill, extra virgin olive oil, honey, garlic and salt. Seal with lid, and shake well to emulsify.
- Just before serving, combine the farro and tomato mixture together. Toss with dressing, and garnish with fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!