Every family needs a good recipe for chicken soup. By adding goji berries to this all-time classic, you’ll amp up the taste and the antioxidants.
- 400g chicken on the bone
- 2 slices ginger
- 4 pints chicken stock
- 2/3 cup of fresh or frozen goji berries
- 1 large onion
- 12 shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the chicken by rinsing under cold running water for 30 seconds. Place in a large pan on a low heat and add the onions and ginger. Cook for a few minutes to seal in the flavour. There’s no need to add any oil or butter.
- Next pour in the chicken stock and allow to simmer for around one and a half hours, on a low heat setting.
- Pour in the goji berries and shiitake mushrooms then simmer for a further 30 mins.
- Add salt to taste. This should be of a runny consistency.