- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp shallots, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh goji berries
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 x whole cloves
- Heat a small sauce pan over medium low heat.
- Add olive oil and shallots, and sweat until shallots are translucent.
- Add goji berries, ginger and zest.
- Stir over low heat until the berries soften and are fragrant.
- Add orange juice, white wine, honey, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- Simmer for 30 min- 1 hour to bring flavours together.
- Remove cinnamon stick and cloves, and puree until smooth.
- Serve with roasted duck, goose or turkey.
Browse by Tag