This delicious Chutney is a popular option for entertaining, or just a snack. And when you add the healthful benefits of goji berries, it’s sure to impress. Even if you’re the only one in the room. This tart and tangy chutney works well with roasted turkey, chicken or pork loin. Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen goji berries
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2/3 cup sugar or 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- one orange, Zest of
- Combine cranberries, apricots and shallots in a saucepan.
- Add cider and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until the cranberries pop.
- Add fresh or frozen goji berries.
- Stir in sugar, maple syrup, spices and salt. Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Adjust seasonings, remove from heat, and stir in walnuts and orange zest.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional Information Per Serving of Chutney
Serving size: 2 Tbsp 50 calories (5 from fat), 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 10g sugar), 0g protein