- 1 cup white rice, such as short grain
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp yellow onion, diced small
- Pinch fresh or dried chilis
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, micro grated fine
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh goji berries + 2 tbsp to garnish
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp black and/or white sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced fine
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Rinse rice until the water runs clear.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, heat vegetable oil and add onion, chilis, and garlic.
- Saute for 2-4 minutes, until fragrant but not brown.
- Add rice, stir to coat, and add coconut milk and water.
- Add fresh ginger and sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, set over low heat, and cover.
- Cook rice for 15-20 minutes, stir in 1/2 cup goji berries, and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- To serve, top with 2 tbsp fresh goji berries, coconut flakes, sesame seeds, and scallions. Drizzle with lime juice and sesame oil to serve.
Browse by Tag