Everyone loves a (vegan) curry! This dish is a family favourite, and we’re pretty sure it’ll be a hit in your house too. Love how the goji berries contrast with the earthy spice of the cumin, cloves and ginger. Serves 4.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen goji berries
- 2 medium aubergines, cut into chunks
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam marsala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the onions. Cook for a couple of minutes as they begin to soften.
- Add the aubergine, peppers, spices, garlic and ginger and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and the goji berries and bring to the boil. Then reduce and leave to simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and tender, adding a little water if it becomes too thick.
- Scatter over the chopped fresh coriander
- Serve with rice, naan bread and fresh yoghurt