Goji berries are a great way to make a salad more interesting. They pair especially well with kale and salmon. And if you think kale isn’t for you, try baby kale for a more subtle flavour. Makes one serving.
- 2 cups organic romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup organic kale, chopped
- ¼ cup organic carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen goji berries
- 1/2 cup organic cucumber, cubed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup, broccoli, chopped and steamed
- 1 Wild Alaskan salmon fillet, cooked
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small salad bowl mix together romaine, kale, carrots, cucumber, Goji berries, tomatoes and broccoli. Top with salmon.
- In another small mixing bowl, add the oil, vinegar, lemon, salt and pepper and whisk for 30 seconds and add pour on to salad.