- 4 lb squash, such as acorn, delicata and/ or butternut
- 1/4 c. + 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground anise
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 1/2 cup carrot, medium dice
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, medium dice
- 1/2 cup celery, medium dice
- 1/2 cup fennel, medium dice
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 2.5 cups frozen goji berries
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Quarter squash, and scoop out the seeds.
- Lay out in a roasting pan, and drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil, maple syrup, anise and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Pierce squash with the whole cloves.
- Roast for 1.5 - 2 hrs, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, warm 1/4 cup olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the vegetable mire poix and brown sugar.
- Sauté over medium- low heat until caramelized and flavourful.
- Add roasted squash, vegetable stock, and goji berries.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to taste.
- Continue to simmer for about 1/2 an hour to bring the flavours together.
- Finish with heavy cream, bring to a boil once more, and remove from heat.
- Puree smooth in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Optional: Serve with extra goji berries, drizzled maple syrup, and roasted pecans.
Browse by Tag