A tasty and tangy treat!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen goji berries
Goji Lemon Syrup
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp goji berry puree (from fresh or frozen) – blend up the berries in blender/processor
- Preheat the oven 350 F and line and grease a 4 cup loaf tin.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in bowl with until pale and creamy Whisk eggs separately and, add a little at a time to the butter and sugar with the beaters running.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and beat briefly with a large spoon. Don’t overmix.
- Stir in the coconut and milk.
- Spoon half the cake mix into the prepared loaf tin. Spread the goji berries evenly over the surface, then add the remaining cake mix.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Put the lemon juice, sugar and goji berry puree in a pan and boil rapidly over a high heat for two minutes, until the mixture thickens and turns syrupy.
- Take the cake out of the oven, spoon over the syrup and sprinkle over the extra coconut.